- Only abstracts submitted ONLINE will be considered.
- Abstracts submitted by post, fax or mail WILL NOT be considered.
- Please submit your abstracts here.
- Abstract Submission Opening: 7th March 2018
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 14th July 2018
- Abstract Acceptance Notification: 13th August 2018
- Presenters’ Registration Deadline: TBA
(Please Note: All presenters must register and complete payment in advance.)
- Manuscript Submission Deadline：8th September 2018
- At this meeting, abstracts that have been presented at other international meetings but have not been previously published will be accepted.
- All authors selected to present an Oral or Poster may submit a manuscript, which will be EQUALLY CONSIDERED, for publication in Paediatric Surgery International.
General Guidelines and Rules for Abstract Submission
- Abstracts can only and must be submitted via this official conference website. The official language is English. Once you have made your submission, your abstract will be assigned an abstract number. Please refer to this abstract number in any further correspondence regarding your abstract submission. Once you have logged in to the system, you will be able to amend and revise your submitted abstract on the system up to the deadline date of 14th July 2018. So if any changes are made to your abstract, there is no need for re-submission.
- Authors whose abstracts are accepted for presentation (Oral & Poster) will be expected to attend the meeting and make their presentations. Notification of acceptance/rejection of abstracts will be emailed by 13th August 2018. Please kindly note that all poster and oral presenters who are included in the scientific programme can submit a manuscript for equal consideration in the Congress edition of Paediatric Surgery International.
- You are invited to submit your abstract on the following subjects:
-Inflammatory bowel disease
-Bowel motility disorders, chronic constipation, faecal incontinence
-Paediatric surgical research on bowel diseases
-Clinical cases for clinical case discussion
- Eligibility: Abstracts submitted should be related to the topics as shown above. They must include data with clear descriptions of results and conclusions.
- Identifying Features: The selection process will be blinded for author and center and an objective system will be used for marking. The names of authors and their affiliations (institutions) will be included online when you submit your abstract, but will be removed before the marking process. No identifying features such as the names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities should be listed in the title or the text of the abstract. Abstracts containing such information will not be accepted.
- Abstracts should be structured in four parts:
-Aim of the Study
- Each abstract should be no more than 250 words. Including tables, figures and graphs, the abstract should not exceed the template, which covers one page of A4. A maximum of two tables, figures or graphs will be accepted.
- From the online abstract submission site, please choose your preferred presentation style from the list below:
-Clinical case report session (oral)
Submission and Review Process
- In order to submit your abstracts using the official abstract submission site, you must first register as a user of ‘My LaCool’ by creating a ‘My LaCool’ account. After registering, you will receive an email with an activation link to set your login ID and password. After setting your account ID and password you will be taken to the online abstract submission site.
- If you have not received the above mentioned automated email with the activation link into your inbox, then please check your spam/junk folder to make sure that it has not gone in there by mistake. If the automated email is neither in your inbox nor spam/junk folder, please kindly contact us to let us know.
- If you are submitting more than one abstract, you can use the same email address and password for each abstract.
- If you want to edit an abstract that you have previously submitted, you can do this through the system by following the instructions found on the submission page. PLEASE DO NOT RESUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT.
- If you want to withdraw an abstract, please contact the PCC25 Office via email at PCC2018[A]convention[D]co[D]jp ( Please chainge [A] to @ [D] to . )
- We will notify authors by email regarding acceptance or rejection of their abstracts by 13th August 2018. Therefore, please ensure that you have provided us with your correct email address. The submitting author is responsible for informing us of any e-mail address changes.
Clinical Case Report Session
- The purpose of the Clinical Case Report Session is to encourage everybody to submit interesting case reports for discussion.
- The reports will be presented orally and there will be time for discussion.
- If you would like to present during the Clinical Case Report Session, please make sure to select it when making your presentation preference on the online abstract submission site.
Publication of Accepted Abstracts
- All accepted abstracts will be included in the official PCC25 Abstract book which will be distributed to all Congress participants.
Manuscript submission for publication in Paediatric Surgery International
- All authors selected to present an Oral or Poster may submit a manuscript for consideration for publication in Paediatric Surgery International. Manuscripts (which should be prepared in the style used in Paediatric Surgery International) must be received no later than 8th September 2018 by Professor Prem Puri, Secretary of the Scientific Committee for evaluation at the following email address: prem[D]puri[A]ncrc[D]ie ( Please chainge [A] to @ [D] to . ).
- Instruction for Authors can be found here.
- Questions concerning abstract submission, should be directed to the Secretariat of PCC25 by email at PCC2018[A]convention[D]co[D]jp ( Please chainge [A] to @ [D] to . ).
- Questions concerning manuscript submission or the scientific content of the meeting should be directed to the Chairman of the Scientific Committee, Professor Prem Puri by email at prem[D]puri[A]ncrc[D]ie ( Please chainge [A] to @ [D] to . ).