Call for Abstracts
This page is only for overseas applicants who are not members of the Japanese Circulation Society (JCS).
If you wish to present your research at the 81st Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese Circulation Society, please submit your abstract on this page following the instructions shown below. Please complete the following steps for registration.
1. How to Submit Your Abstract
- （1）Register your name, affiliation, phone number, email address, etc. as the initial registration.
- （2）We will send by return email the online abstract registration form for the second registration to those who have registered in (1) above.
- （3）Register the title, abstract, co-presenter, etc. on the online abstract registration form for the second registration.
Please complete the second registration on or before the abstract registration deadline.
2. Deadlines for Abstract Submission
|Online submission starts:||Monday, September 5, 2016, 1:00AM (UTC)|
|Deadline:||Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 8:00AM (UTC) Closed|
- Please note that initial abstract submission and abstract revision will be accepted until Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 8:00AM (UTC). Also, registering, revising, deleting or changing your abstract after this date is not allowed.
- It is likely that this website will be heavily accessed as the deadline approaches, which may result in slower response while you fill out the online registration form. It is crucial that your abstracts are submitted punctually; therefore, we strongly recommend that you register early.
- Depending on your computing environment, your online abstract registration may be rejected (e.g. when a firewall interferes with communication). Please note, however, that no special treatment will be given even in such cases.
3. Details of the public invitation
This is a session planned by the Congress Chairperson and uniquely set for the 81st Annual Scientific Meeting. We invite higher grade medical students and young doctors who graduated less than 6 years ago from a medical school to present cases in English and will give the Excellent Case Presentation Award based on the: (1) Importance of the case itself; (2) Contents of the presentation in English; and (3) Overall discussion.
4. Contents of the abstract
It must be about an unpublished case of circulatory disease. The abstract already published in as a paper, such as a case report, an image report, etc., will not be accepted.
5. Body of Abstract
The body of the abstract (excluding title, author's name, and organizational affiliation) must be 260 words or less in English and in addition 20 words or less are allowed for the title. The abstract must not include any diagram, but must include, age, gender, chief complaint, past medical history, current medical history, discussion, and conclusion.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the abstract, in which the abstract title, text, author's name and organizational affiliation will be printed exactly as you registered on the website. We recommend you to carefully read the instructions on this website before filling out required information upon submitting your abstract.
6. Qualification Requirements
It is required that, as of the time of the abstract submission, the first author is either a fifth or sixth grade medical student or has graduated from a medical school less than 6 years.
7. Conflict of Interest
When submitting an abstract, it is necessary for the Presenting Author and all the co-presenters to check whether there are conflicts of interest with a company or for-profit group related to the subject of the presentation. If there is a COI, you should disclose the status of COI within the past year on the COI Self-Disclosure Form.
For more details, please access the abstract registration website and check whether there is a COI related to your presentation. Please also disclose your status of COI during your presentation at the annual meeting (either slide or poster presentations).
Please refer to the following Detailed Regulations for more information:
8. Result of the Abstract Review
Notification of acceptance of your abstract will be sent to the registered e-mail address in mid-December, 2016
9. Session and Presentation Style
Details will be announced in due course.
- We would like to bring the matter of Conflict of Interest to your attention.
- If you wish to withdraw an abstract, we will accept withdrawal requests by 2 months prior to the first day of the conference session (i.e. Monday, January 16, 2017). As of Tuesday, January 17, 2017, withdrawals will not be possible, since the abstract will be treated as an academic presentation/achievement by that date.
Abstract Submission has been closed.
Thank you very much for your submission.