Instruction for Participants
Workshop (Oral) session
Length of Presentation
Presentation: 4 minutes, Discussion: 2 minutes, Setting: 1 minute
Total: 7 minutes
- Each oral session room will be equipped with a Windows PC, a projector, a screen, a table microphone, aisle microphones, and a laser pointer.
- The operating system will be Windows XP Professional, and software will include: Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 and 2007.
Speaker Ready Room:
- Room Keyaki,4th floor,Keio Plaza Hotel.
- Opening hours:
|Monday, July 6
||15:30 - 19:00
|Tuesday, July 7
||8:00 - 18:00
|Wednesday, July 8
|| 8:30 - 19:30
|Thursday, July 9
|| 8:30 - 17:30
|Friday, July 10
|| 8:30 - 13:30
- All speakers are requested to come to the Speaker Ready
Room at least 1 hour in advance of their presentations
to verify if the data will function properly on
the equipment provided.
- Speakers will use PowerPoint presentations. All presentations will be loaded onto a server (in the Speaker Ready Room) and distributed to the appropriate session room at the appropriate time via a LAN.
- Bring your presentation on a Windows readable USB flash Drive or CD-ROM.
- Make sure that you close or “finalize” your presentation
file when create a CD. If you omit this step, you cannot access the CD from any other computer.
- Only the standard fonts (e.g., Times Roman, Helvetica, Arial, Times New
Roman) are accepted for your presentation file, and unusual fonts may not be displayed properly
on the computers in session rooms.
any external files utilized e.g. movie files in the same folder as your presentation. Copy the entire folder to the USB flash Drive or CD ROM.
- Video clips (other than certain animated gif files) are not embedded in PowerPoint presentations; you will need to bring the separate video files with you and submit them along with your presentation file.
- The computers in the session room and speaker ready room will support Windows PC only.
(No Macintosh Computers)
Users of Macintosh Computers:
- You should bring your own Macintosh, since there would be technical issues that can arise when PowerPoint files created on a Mac are run on a Windows PC.
- Speakers using their own laptops MUST HAVE a VGA D-sub 15pin female output. Special video output cable is required for some laptops to use the D-sub 15pin to connect to external monitors and data projectors. Please note that we are not equipped with that special cable and you must bring it in case it is necessary.
The laptop output resolution should be no more than XGA (1024 x 768). The higher resolutions than the native resolution (1024 x 768) would possibly lose some information or not project by forcing the data projector into a compression mode.
Slide Projection of 2x2 slides and Overhead Projectors are NOT provided.
July 7(Tue.) 19:00 - 21:00
July 8(Wed.) 19:00 - 21:00
- Poster presentation is free discussion without moderators. Presenters are required to stand in front of their poster to answer questions from participants during specified discussion time.
- Posters should be brought to the congress and not mailed, as the Organizing Committee cannot be responsible for loss or mishandling.
- Presenters are responsible for posting and removing their own materials.
- Audio-visual equipment may not be used.
◇Please refer to following poster image for your poster.
・ Your poster program number will be posted on your assigned board.
・ Please present a label showing the title, institution and the speaker's name.
・ Pins for mounting will be available at the hall.
◇Poster hung up schedule（7/7&7/8）
Set-up Time: 8:30 〜11:00
Removal Time: 21:00 〜21:30