Plenary Sessions and Symposia (subject to peer review)
This page is only for overseas applicants who are not members of the Japanese Circulation Society (JCS).
Non-JCS members overseas may submit an abstract for all English Plenary Sessions and Symposia. Please read the summaries given by the Chairperson in each session, which are announced on the following link Chairperson's Message, and proceed to complete the abstract submission according to the instructions shown below.
Outlines of the Plenary Sessions and Symposia
The outlines of the Plenary Sessions and Symposia are described below (excluding some of the Japanese sessions).
1) Plenary Sessions
- The invited overseas speaker will deliver a state-of-the-art lecture, followed by approximately five presenters including one invited speaker and those who have been selected as a result of the abstract review.
- The presenters are expected to give overview lectures discussing the present situation and future prospects, while showing data collected from their studies in their respective fields of specialty.
- Presentations must be conducted in English, excluding some of the Japanese sessions. Simultaneous interpretation will be provided depending on the session.
- There will be no free discussion in this session.
- The invited overseas speaker will deliver a keynote lecture (excluding some of the Japanese sessions), followed by approximately five presenters including one invited speaker and those who have been selected as a result of the abstract review.
- Each presenter is expected to speak on the cutting-edge achievements of their studies, and encourage free discussion.
- Presentations must be conducted in English, excluding some of the Japanese sessions. Simultaneous interpretation will not be provided.
If you wish to withdraw an abstract, we will accept withdrawal requests up to two months prior to the first day of the conference session (i.e. Monday, January 22, 2018).
As of Tuesday, January 23, 2018, withdrawals will not be possible, since the abstract will be treated as an academic presentation/achievement as of that date.
Deadlines for Abstract Submission
|Online abstract submission starts||Monday, July 10, 2017, 1:00AM (UTC)|
|Deadline for Initial Submission||Monday, August 21, 2017, 9:00PM (UTC)
|Deadline for Revision||Tuesday, August 22, 9:00PM (UTC)
Thank you for your submission.
- Initial abstracts submission will be accepted from Monday, July 10, 2017, 1:00AM (UTC) until Monday, August 21, 9:00PM (UTC), while the deadline for revision is at Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 9:00PM (UTC). Please note that only the abstract revision will be accepted until Tuesday, August 21, 2017, 9:00PM (UTC). Also, registering, revising, deleting or changing your abstract after this date is not allowed.
- It is likely that this website will be heavily accessed as the deadline approaches, which may result in slower response while you fill out the online registration form. It is crucial that your abstracts are submitted punctually; therefore, we strongly recommend that you register early.
Depending on your computing environment, your online abstract registration may be rejected (e.g. when a firewall interferes with communication). Please note, however, that no special treatment will be given even in such cases.
How to Submit Your Abstract
For summaries of the sessions, please refer to the Chairperson's Message of each session from the link.
1) Accessing the Online Registration Form
Please access the online registration form from this page. The registration form will be available from Monday, July 10, 2017, 1:00AM (UTC).
2) Registration Procedures
Instructions for abstract registration will be shown on the online registration form. Please follow the instructions to register your abstract. Please note that one person as the first author may submit only one abstract for Plenary Sessions and Symposia.
- In case any abstract is identified by the Congress Chairperson as the same as an abstract that has already been published in a different Japanese journal or featured in another scientific meeting in Japan, it will be deleted immediately, regardless of whether or not the abstract review result has been announced.
- If abstracts with the same content appear in different categories, all of the abstracts will be deleted.
3) Body of the Abstract
The body of the abstract (excluding title, author's name, and organizational affiliation) must be 260 words or less in English. It may include one diagram, which should be in GIF or JPEG format and 1MB or less in size. The diagram can be in either landscape or portrait orientation. However, if the abstract includes a diagram, the body of the abstract should be 170 words or less.
4) Registration Number and Password
Upon your abstract registration, you will automatically be assigned a registration number. With this number and your own password, you will be able to access and revise your registered abstract as many times as you wish, up until Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 9:00PM (UTC). You will be responsible for safekeeping your password confidentially. We strongly recommend you to write down your registration number and password, as they will be required upon your confirmation of acceptance of your abstract, when inquiring about the result of the abstract review, as well as when you revise your abstract. Please be notified that if you forget your password, we will not be able to assist you for security reasons, under any circumstances.
5) Ethical review declaration when registering abstracts
From the 83rd Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese CirculationSociety (JCS2019: March 29 - March 31, 2019), only abstract that have passed the screening by Ethical Committee will be registerd for the clinical study presentation.
6) Conflict of Interest
When submitting an abstract, the Presenting Author and all the co-presenters are required to check whether there are conflicts of interest with a company or for-profit group related to the subject of the presentation. If there is a COI, you should disclose the status of the COI for the past three years on the COI Self-Disclosure Form.
For more details, please access the abstract registration website and check whether there is a COI related to your presentation. Please also disclose your status of the COI during your presentation at the annual meeting (either slide or poster presentations).
Please refer to the following Detailed Regulations for more information:
7) Result of the Abstract Review
Notification of acceptance of your abstract will be sent to the registered e-mail address by the evening on Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Abstract Submission for Plenary Sessions and Symposia
Thank you for your submission.