Late Breaking Clinical Trials / Cohort Studies
Instructions for Abstract Submission of Late Breaking Clinical Trials / Cohort Studies
1. Deadline for Abstract Submission (Please adhere strictly to the deadline.)
|Online submission starts||Monday, September 4, 2017, 1:00AM (UTC)|
|Deadline||Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 8:00AM (UTC) Closed|
Thank you for your submission.
“Clinical Trials” here are medical studies on humans, and refer to the intervention trials on prevention, diagnosis, or treatment. Although intervention using medical supplies or medical equipment is at the core, intervention of meals, exercises, and rehabilitation could also be included. For example, the randomized controlled trial using medicine could be included in "Clinical Trials". The prospective observational study without intervention should be applied to “Cohort Studies”.
“Cohort Studies” here refer to prospective epidemiological studies. These include prospective observational studies based on registry.
* First priority will be given to “Clinical Trials / Cohort Studies” that will be announced for the first time at the 82nd Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese Circulation Society and have not been announced or submitted to any other scientific meeting. However, consideration will be extended to those “Trials / Studies” that have been announced previously.
3. How to Submit Your Abstract
1) Registration Procedures
Please provide information on the background, purpose, method, and design, if it is the first time to announce the abstract. It is not necessary to describe the result and / or conclusion, however please clarify in your abstract the final or the most recent number of registered cases.
Your abstract will not be published, however when your abstract is accepted, you will be asked to submit short summary to be published online.
2) Body of the Abstract
The body of the abstract (excluding title, author's name, and organizational affiliation) must be 260 words or less in English and an additional 20 words or less are allowed for the title. It may include one diagram, which should be in GIF or JPEG format and 1MB or less in size. The diagram can be in either landscape or portrait orientation. However, if the abstract includes a diagram, the body of the abstract should be 170 words or less.
- Some outstanding research among the accepted abstracts may be selected by the Editorial Committee to be published in the Circulation Journal (official journal of the Japanese Circulation Society). When you submit your abstract, you automatically agree that your abstract can be considered as applicable for selection by the Editorial Committee. Even if you decline the opportunity for publication in the Circulation Journal, it will not affect the abstract review result.
From the 83rd Annual Scientific Meeting of the Japanese CirculationSociety (JCS2019: March 29 - March 31, 2019), only abstract that have passed the screening by Ethical Committee will be registerd for the clinical study presentation.
4. Conflict of Interest
When submitting an abstract, the Presenting Author and all the co-presenters are required to check whether there are conflicts of interest (COI) with a company or for-profit group related to the subject of the presentation. If there is a COI, you should disclose the status of the COI for the past three years on the COI Self-Disclosure Form.
For more details, please access the abstract registration website and check whether there is a COI related to your presentation. Please also disclose your status of the COI during your presentation at the annual meeting (either slide or poster presentations).
Please refer to the following Detailed Regulations for more information:
5. Result of the Abstract Review
Notification of acceptance of your abstract will be sent to the registered e-mail address by December 22, 2017.
6. Session and Presentation Style
Details will be announced in due course.
- If you wish to withdraw an abstract, we will accept withdrawal requests up to two months prior to the first day of the conference session (i.e. Monday, January 22, 2018).
As of Tuesday, January 23, 2018, withdrawals will not be possible, since the abstract will be treated as an academic presentation/achievement as of that date.
Abstract Submission for Late Breaking Clinical Trials / Cohort Studies
Thank you for your submission.